3 women shot at Chicago White Sox ballpark…how it happened is a mystery

By Hyun Kim Correspondent = Three baseball fans were shot and wounded at a Major League Baseball (MLB) game at the home of the Chicago White Sox.

However, there were no witnesses and no suspects, leading to speculation about who fired the shots and how the guns were brought into the stadium through security checks.

According to ABC and CBS in Chicago, three women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s were shot in rapid succession while sitting in the left field seats during the White Sox vs. Oakland Athletics game at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago on Sept. 25.

One of the victims, a woman in her 40s, received emergency medical treatment for a serious wound to her right thigh, while the other two were wounded in the abdomen and lower back, respectively.

A female victim in her 30s said, “I heard two shots and then it hurt like a pinch in my back.” “Then the woman in the back seat screamed and I looked down at my feet and there were bullets,” she said.

After police were unsuccessful in finding the shooting suspect, forensic scientists opined that the bullet hit the victim, a woman in her 40s, in the thigh and traveled down to her calf, “suggesting that the victim may have been carrying a concealed weapon into the stadium and accidentally discharged it.”

However, the woman’s defense attorney argued on Sept. 29 that she “did not bring a firearm into the stadium and had nothing to do with the shooting.”

“Medical experts reviewed x-rays and photographic evidence of the victim’s injuries and determined that the gunshot wound was not ‘self-inflicted’ or caused by an accidentally discharged live round,” the defense attorney said, noting that his client is an annual White Sox season ticket holder and is well aware of the rules for spectators.

“The woman was not a problem at the checkpoint, and the person standing in front of her with the cell phone triggered the metal detector,” the White Sox said, based on a closed-circuit television recording taken at the stadium’s entrance security checkpoint.

Chicago police held a lengthy meeting on the 29th to review all videos, witness statements, and evidence related to the incident, but reportedly did not find any clues to solve the case.

The police had previously said that “the shooting occurred inside the stadium, and there is no possibility that the bullet came from outside,” but on the 30th, they changed their stance, saying that “we are pursuing all possible leads, including actively looking at the possibility that the bullet may have come from outside the stadium.”카지노사이트

Police emphasized that the investigation is still ongoing and cautioned against jumping to conclusions.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is assisting in the investigation, ABC reported.

Meanwhile, the White Sox organization was criticized for not honoring police requests to suspend the game after the incident.

However, former Chicago Police Superintendent Eugene Roy said the team made the right call, noting that “the emergency evacuation of 22,000 fans from the stadium in the dark and through restricted passageways could have posed a greater risk.”

The White Sox canceled a postgame performance by rapper Vanilla Ice to help police investigate the scene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *